Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The 5 Stages of Dying

Denial

I'm doing just fine.
If I surround myself with happy people,
If I think of pleasant memories,
If I keep myself busy,
I'll be alright.
At least that's what I want to believe.

Anger

I deserve someone better.
There is no reason to be affected.
There is no point in dwelling in the past.
There is no time to dwell in such a horrible experience.
I'll be alright.
At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Bargaining

I think we could give it another try.
Is there something you want to change?
Is there anything I could do to make it right?
Is there any chance at all?
I'll be alright.
At least that's what I hope I'd be.

Depression

I thought we'd be together forever.
Wasn't I enough for you?
Wasn't I the one you wanted?
Wasn't I worth the sacrifice?
I'll be alright.
At least that's what I wish I was.

Acceptance

I hope you're doing fine.
I hope that you find the right one.
I hope you'll never give up again.
I hope you have a happy ever after.
I am alright.
I know I am.

Death.

We are afraid of it.
We fight it.
We find ways to delay it.
We fall into despair from it.
We inevitably embrace it.
The question is, when?

No comments:

Post a Comment